Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Important survival tip: Books on reserve at the Library

Thus far I have regaled you with tales of my procrastination habits and my lack of funds, but today I have a change of pace for you.

So. Of the three classes I've attended (my fourth is this afternoon and my fifth is Thursday evening), two of my professors have placed their books on reserve in the library. Oh happy day! For those of you who aren't familiar with the library's reserved books system, I'll fill you in. Professors receive copies of the texts they require their students to purchase. Some of these professors then take that text and hand it over to the library. The library then hides it on a special shelf behind the main desk, where a student can access it for up to 2 hours at a time. All the student has to do is ask, "Hey! Is professor so-and-so's book for class such-and-such available?" Bingo, bango, bongo.

Oh, and a friend of mine happened to have an old edition of the text for the third class I've attended. $10 vs. $80. Yes, please! Sure, the pages don't match up perfectly, but the text contains all the same readings. Glory, glory hallelujah!

And my grant money finally appeared in my bank account. Life is looking up. Time to study!

No comments:

Post a Comment