Thursday, August 25, 2011

TechZone worker has tips for harried students

My name is Justin and I am a sales associate in the UAA TechZone. But I work on various things throughout the whole store. Some of my work includes graphic design and website maintenance. If you see some of my work around the Bookstore, come into the TechZone and let me know what you think.

There are currently 5 people working in the TechZone and we're all eager to assist you. We carry all kinds of electronic goodies such as iPads, Mac computers, earphones, headphones, educationally priced software, and smartpens.

I have been here for 3 rush seasons so far and each one has its own story. So far this year, it has been fairly steady.. but I have a feeling the crowds will hit pretty hard come the first week of classes. So I will give you some tips on how to help this rush go by a little faster!

First of all, if there are HUGE lines downstairs, come upstairs! We have a register up here and we can check out all the items of the Bookstore. If you need your class list or schedule, you're more than welcome to come upstairs and use our demo Mac computers. Are your parents paying for your books and supplies? Have them call and complete the Credit Card Authorization Form! It will help make the whole checkout process more efficient.

Make sure to stop on by and let us know how we're doing and don't forget to follow us on Facebook.

1 comment: