Thursday, August 25, 2011

Finding my apartment -- from Connecticut

CONNECTICUT - It seriously doesn't feel like the end of summer yet. I am done moving into my new apartment (after a full summer of freaking out and searching on Craigslist). Tip to those who plan on apartment searching in the near future: Be in the city you are looking at! I had one hell of a time trying to find a place from Connecticut, the state where I was born (and where most of my family still lives). I spent most of my summer there, soaking up the heat wave.

I digress - it was nearly impossible for me to find a good place. Then, in a matter of a couple weeks, life fell into place. A girl who would turn out to be my future roommate contacted me and found the perfect place. We moved three weeks before school started. And now, less than a week to go before school, I am back in Connecticut for my cousin's wedding. So from a distance, I'll be wrapping up tuition, books, registration, and organizing myself for a couple online classes.

Although right now I am shoe shopping and getting a pedicure. Looks like procrastination is the way to go. Especially because Mother Nature has decided to unleash her fury on the East Coast as of yesterday. I look forward to meeting your aftermath, Hurricane Irene!

No comments:

Post a Comment