Thursday, August 25, 2011

JoyceLyn at the Bookstore has tips for procrastinators

Alright Seawolves,  welcome back to yet another drama- and stress-free year!  Ha,ha just kidding, but I'm here to help you out in your adventures at the UAA Campus Bookstore.

My name is JoyceLyn Williams and I've worked at the bookstore for almost 3 years.  You will know me by my sick mohawk, tattoos and piercings. I enjoy working for the bookstore, but in two weeks I will no longer be working here :( but I got a really good job and I'm really excited for this new challenge in my life. 

So I have some really great advice for all of you who extended their summer to the first day of classes, and that is show up at 8 a.m. Monday morning to get your textbooks and supplies. Although there may be a line at the front door that backs all the way to the Student Union and for the fact that we do not open until 8:30 a.m., these lines will go fast and it only gets worse in the afternoon.

Textbook buyback in progress Wednesday.
Something else to think about is if you are a procrastinator like me, you probably have not sold your textbooks back.  Well you are in luck because buy back is back and it runs from August 25th-27th and August 29th-31st, so gather your textbooks and come get some green! 

Now on to some specials and sales that are happening right now as you sit and read this blog.

T-shirt special.
So College Colors day is approaching fast, and if you're new to the University or are a Freshman, College Colors day is September 2nd and it's when students, faculty, and staff show their enthusiasm and support for their University.  Seawolves come get your school pride on by purchasing a green and gold tee, and it just so happens that if you buy this green tee for $12 you get the gold one for free. . . Yes I said free!  Enough about College Colors and on to the less fun stuff. . .  Calculators are 10% off right now and back packs are 20% off also 300 count college ruled filler paper is on sale for $3.75 and printer paper for $4. 

So there you have it!  Enjoy your weekend and Campus Kick-Off!

Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment