Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Voice of experience: Allow more than 15 minutes between classes

We are now officially onto week two of classes! I think I can speak for everyone when I say that I'm relieved that the first week is over. It's always the most hectic week here on campus. There's rarely a spot to park, there are lines everywhere, the traffic is horrible, and the list goes on and on. Now things are starting to settle down.

Here in the TechZone, things are starting the settle down as well. Before the semester actually started we got stocked up on things like printers, smartpens, headphones and earphones, and iPad  and Mac accessories. That first week of classes pretty much ate all of that for breakfast! But we're finally getting our stock back in place again as the semester starts to even out.

As far as personal experience goes, I have had a very hectic first week! If I'm not here at the TechZone (working), I'm running around from class to class! I'm not sure what I was thinking when I registered for classes.. but I decided that it would be a good idea to take three classes with a mere 15 minutes between each one. That's normally not that bad.. except when I have to start on one side of campus and then have to run to the other side for my next class!

If there is one tip I can give you for when you register for classes, it's that you should make a schedule that doesn't stress you out. If you're not a morning person, don't make your first class be at seven or eight in the morning. If you need time to skim that material you didn't read last night before your next class, don't sign up for classes that begin 15 minutes after the last one. As you might be able to tell, time management is not one of my strong points.

But in the great beginnings of the school year, working on weak points is one thing you can look forward to. You cannot have success without failure. We have just entered the tunnel (tunnel of learning, if you will) and already I can see the light that is winter break!

No comments:

Post a Comment