Thursday, September 1, 2011

Nikkie: Lessons from Dad and off to California

With the third day of school already underway I'm already beginning to feel the stress of juggling classes, volleyball, and traveling.  We head to California today to hopefully kick some butt and put in a good name for ourselves!

Although I'm already beginning to stress, I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I've been playing volleyball since I was about 10 years old.  My Dad jokes that I've been playing since before I was born because my mom used to come watch his games when she was still pregnant with me.  My Dad taught me everything he could about volleyball and his love for the sport quickly grew in me as well

Not only did he teach me to be the best I can be at just the basics of volleyball, but also to be mentally strong and determined when it came to achieving my goals as an athlete.  One of the most important things my Dad taught me that I will never forget is that everything in life is a choice.  Every situation in life that you are presented with, whether easy or difficult, you have a choice to make it better and excel if you have the will and the drive to do so.  If you make the decision you want to do something, there is nothing stopping you from achieving that goal.  That is what I live for everyday.  When it comes to class, volleyball, or just everyday situations it's important to make the best out of it and that's what gets me through all the stress and helps me to succeed.

Wish us luck in California! I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment